Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

05 October 2009

The Great Escape

No, this isn't a post about how my children sucessfully got by their parents bedroom to raid the treats downstairs, although I suppose my children do share some of the same clever characteristics of the stars of this great film.
To be brief, if you haven't seen the movie "The Great Escape," then it is time. Whether you are a fan of classic war films, or just Steve Mcqueen, then this film is for you. Alisa and I stayed up late last night watching it again, and laughed that it had been almost a year, yes a year, since we had watched it last. Far to long for our liking.
The basic premise of the show: Several hundred prisoners of war are being held in a German camp. These prisoners of war decide they can still "cause trouble" by creating elaborate escapes, thus drawing more and more men to "guard" them. The more men guarding the camp, means less men fighting the war. The writing is superb, the acting is fantastic. I can make assurances that if you have not seen this film, that you will certainly enjoy it. If you haven't seen it in awhile (a year or so) then it is time to see it again.
Have you seen the movie? Have a favorite scene or quote? Any comments from first time viewers?

3 comments:

Kenny said...

I for one have not seen it. I fancy myself a film connaisseur so I'll have to put this one on my netflix list. I'm currently on a spaghetti western kick, I highly recommend anything by Sergio Leone.

Happy film-watching Ensigns!

La vas liubliu.

Jason said...

Great show! I don't remember any specific line, but I love the part when he's trying to escape and he keeps getting put into solitary confinement with his baseball glove.

Taylor Ensign said...

The Ensign's love you too Kenny. To Jason: It is especially classic when he is once again being thrown in the "cooler" and another POW runs to bring him his baseball and glove.