Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

27 October 2009

Potty Trained

The day after Cassidy's fifth birthday Mckay woke up and said,
"Mom, I changed my mind. I don't want to wear diapers any more."
So cold turkey, I took the diapers away.
He has done great. After two days he has going potty down to a science and he has perfected the cross-legged run to the bathroom. I am excited because Mckay is trained a whole year earlier than Cassidy.
So for the first time in 5 years plus one day, Taylor and I are celebrating a diaper free life. We have taken the kids places, and not needed wipes and a diaper. Life couldn't be better.
However, there is opposition in all things......
Mckay has discovered how fun it is to put a whole roll of toilet paper, or paper towels, in the toilet. I am much better at plunging the toilet now.
Today while I was plunging, I found something unexpected in the toilet. (please view the picture below)
I'm not quite sure what I should do...should I just chuck it, or should I try and clean it for the kids to play with again???

3 comments:

{tanner. michelle. owen} said...

Love the updates! I hope the toy in the toilet didn't happen while i was there. Although it very well could have.:) I will have to keep a closer eye on that. Love you guys!

Jill said...

chuck it chuck it chuck it!! Daphne's tooth brush entered the bowl and for a few minutes, not seconds, I was tempted to wash it off and keep it. I guess that is grosser though cause it goes in her mouth... and maybe your toilet bowl is cleaner then ours... but it is a toilet bowl none the less! :)

maryirene said...

what a story to tell. haha!