Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

04 December 2008

A clean bedroom

Now that Cassidy is getting older she likes to help with chores. Some days she is really motivated to please me. One particular day I was working at the computer. She came running into my room, "Mommy come and see!" I grabbed her hand and we ran to her room. I stubbed my toe on something in the hall, but I didn't have time to stop and see what it was. We entered her room and I looked around to see her bedroom spotless. Her bed was made, the scattered clothes were put away. There were no toys covering the floor. "Cassidy, did you clean your room? This is amazing. Thank you. You are such a big girl."

Cassidy gleamed with pride. She had accomplished her task of making mom happy and was most likely going to get the reward she had in mind.

Then very innocently she looked up at me and said, "Mom, since I cleaned my room, will you clean the hall?" She took me by the hand and showed me the hall. The missing clothes and toys were laying in the hall in a large pile.

I just laughed. What more could I do? From my perspective I was glad that at least her bed was made.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Sometimes they are too smart for their own good!

Aaron and Kaime said...

That is so funny! I love how kids think.

Ashlee said...

It sounds like she cleans like a college freshman boy! That is way cute. I love that she asked you to clean the hall.

allison said...

that's how i always clean. what's the big deal.

lisi! i'm in costa rica right now, so i can't call you. i got your message, but i'm spending christmas in california. i hope you girlies have a fantastic time!

the mortensen's said...

hooray for blogging! Now I can keep tabs on you guys!
I'm up for a game of settlers, do you want to fly out?

maryirene said...

lol! clever little girl!