Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

03 December 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe it is already December, and 2009 is knocking at the door. I remember how strange it was in school to start writing 1990, and here we are getting ready to wrap up 2008. As I sat and thought about how this year has seemed to fly by, I started thinking how long ago, specifically days ago, did certain events happen. Here for you is a list of some events and how many days it has been from December 3rd, 2008.

I was born 9,927 days ago.
My wonderful wife was born 9,905 days ago.
We have been married for 2037 days.

We had our first child, Cassidy, 1,513 days ago in a Payson Hospital.
Our son Mckay was born 755 days ago (it seems like more).

I received my drivers license 4082 days ago.

The big gulp was introduced by 7-11 10,596 days ago.

The first James Bond film, Dr. No, was released 16,646 days ago.

Days since Dr. Emmett L. Brown Jr. first invented time travel: 19,387.

Days since John Stockton hit the infamous last second 3-pointer to send the Utah Jazz to the NBA finals: 4,206

William Shakespeare died 143,402 days ago.

Henry Ford invented the first MODEL T 36,592 days ago.

Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Empire of Japan 24,468 days ago.

The Wright brothers completed their first flight 38,338 days ago.

Days since Joseph Smith Jr. organized the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 65,256.

The Declaration of Independence was signed 84,890 days ago.

What does all this have to do with anything? Not much really, but I did find it quite interesting to learn the date I turn 10,000 days old will be Valentines Day 2009! So live each day to the fullest, because 10,000 days goes by in a hurry.

No comments: