Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

16 January 2009

PEZ for Breakfast

It doesn't happen often, but there are several times a year when Alisa's work requires her to be somewhere at the crack of dawn. This gives me the opportunity to be the one to get the kids up, dressed, fed, and out the door to preschool. This morning was one of these opportunities.

Cassidy's hair was in need of some work, but as she boldly told me, "Dad, don't brush my hair. I will do it and make it look beautiful." She did it alright, and I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My goal was to have the kids out the door at 8:15, but as 8:15 rolled around and no one had shoes or jackets on yet, I knew it was time to improvise on breakfast.
"Lets make a deal," I announced. "Anyone who can hurry and get their shoes and a jacket on can have a treat for breakfast." They cheered, rushed to finish getting dressed, and then I caved and gave my children PEZ candy for breakfast. I know, I am such a good parent. I am sure Alisa would not have approved, but at least they made it to school on time.

1 comment:

maryirene said...

hehe! the improvising of a desperate parent. i love it!