Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

14 September 2009

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Growing up I loved sleeping in.
I remember summer mornings when my mom would make
me wake up before 11am.
How rude.
Now I can't even imagine sleeping in past 7:30.
This past weekend I was away from work, I could have slept in,
it just physically wasn't possible.
I don't know what Taylor and I were thinking when we had a son that is a morning person. :) Many a mornings I do everything I can to make Mckay think that it is still the middle of the night and get him back to sleep.
Today was no where near a success.
I arrived home from work and the kids were happily playing. About an hour later, Cassidy and Mckay were BOTH showing signs of being tired.
I had a mental pep rally. Go Lisi Go.
I attempted the impossible, putting both kids to nap at the same time.
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!!!!
Yahtzee!
Giddy Up!
Bingo!
Sweet Success!
I quickly climbed into my bed and got a full hour of fantastic sleep.
This was a marvelous Monday.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yea for naps at the same time!!!