Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

25 August 2009

A weekend away for mom


For those that don't know, I am a Sign Language Interpreter. I love my job and that variety that it brings to my life. I love working in a field that is continually changing and growing. I have a goal to become a Professional Level Interpreter. Currently I am state Novice Certified and have national Education Certifications. This year I have joined a mentor program that will help me achieve my goal. Three times this year I attend weekend retreats that are full of workshops, activities and lots of fun. While Taylor was home bailing water out of the flooded basement, I was spending a lovely evening in Park City. Above is the picture of the million dollar cabin we stayed at. A special thanks to my sweet husband Taylor, thank you for supporting me in my goals and dealing with the kids (who have more fun with Dad) while I am away from the family.

Cassidy and Mckay have new bunk beds in their rooms. I was excited to tell Cassidy that Mom got to sleep on the top bunk in the room I was sleeping in.


On my weekends away, all communication is in American Sign Language. I enjoyed several meals with this view. The meals were mostly quiet and peaceful. Typically all you would hear was laughter. There were humming birds that lived on the trees to the left. I don't think that I have ever seen so many hummingbirds in my life.

This is the awesome group that I lived with for 4 days. We all have a blast and learn a lot.

No comments: