Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

09 December 2011

Bedtime Story

Usually the kids will pretend to be asleep so I will carry them up to their beds.

This night they really were asleep.

As often as possible, I try to "tell" the kids a bedtime instead of "reading" the kids a bedtime story. This means, however, that I have to be creative at coming up with new stories all the time. When I just can't seem to bring my 'A' game in the creativity department... I usually end up ripping off the storyline to some movie the kids have never seen. Most of the time I can come up with stories that keep the kids entertained. Recently our stories have been lasting several nights before reaching their conclusion. Last night we finished up one of our multi-night stories, but I had a tough time finishing after Cassidy asked a funny question.

Brief synopsis of where we were in our story....

"The two children are attempting to find treasure in the dark cave. They are using the light from the boy's watch to explore the cave. Together they find shapes carved into the cave room floor. There were Squares, Circles, and Triangles. The kids began to follow the pattern of shapes..."

Cassidy loudly interrupts: "Dad, there were no rhombuses!?"

Sadly I had failed to include the wonderful rhombus shape in the cave floor carvings. I know...careless on my part. It is nice to know she is paying attention at school.

No comments: