Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

04 February 2010

The Burnt Plastic Smell

Every night I have the same routine before I go to bed. I double check to make sure the garage is closed, all the doors are locked, no windows are open and making sure the lights are all off. There have been a handful of occasions that during the night time routine Taylor and I have been able to smell burnt plastic. We checked all around the house for the source, unable to identify it. The smell always seemed the strongest in the kids bedroom. Last week we smelled burnt plastic again. We became really concerned. Once again we could not find the source.
We went to bed hoping that something did not catch fire while we were asleep. The next morning I was clearing out the dishwasher.
I found this:
A plastic cup that met up with the heating
coils in the bottom of the dishwasher.
The source of the burnt plastic smell.
I don't know what caused the smell on previous nights, or why it was the strongest smell in the kids room, but at least this one time I know where the smell came from.

No comments: