Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

09 February 2010

Cousins

Today I want to say one thing that I am grateful for.
I love that my children have cousins to play with.
So today, this post it dedicated to all of my nieces and nephews who are such great cousins to my kids. There are eight cousins on my side of the family and six cousins on Taylor's. It doesn't matter what family event we are at, there is always someone fun around.
This year I have been especially grateful that my kids to get be with cousins while I work. Some days my sister-in-law Michelle, and her son Owen, come to my house to watch my kids. Other days, my kids go with Uncle Mckay, Aunt Molly and Graham. Occasionally, my kids will go play at my sister's house with her 5 kids. I love knowing that my kids are having fun, and that they are with family while I work. It leaves me feeling at peace when I have to leave my kids. So thank you to Molly and Mckay, Michelle, Valerie, and all other family that have watched my kids while I work. Below are some photos of my kids cousins.
This is baby Damon. Cassidy and Mckay love to hold him, feed him his bottle and try to make him laugh.
This is the rest of the cousins on my side. (Damon was sleeping, so we didn't make him get out in the cold for the picture)
On the bottom left is Carter. Cassidy loves to color with Carter. He has even taught her to play X Box. He was even nice when she beat him.
In the green coat next to Mckay is Corbin. Corbin loves to wrestle and Mckay loves to join in.
On Cassidy's right is Mckenna. Cassidy absolutely loves playing at Kenna's house, doing the big girl things that Kenna likes.
On the top left is Brianna. Mckay has always felt safe with Brianna. Often times when the kids are playing and Mckay needs help, he will ask Brianna before Mom. The kids love it when Brianna babysits them.
Caden is sitting on James' lap. He is the sword fighter, and loves balls. Mckay loves to play with Caden. We are glad that he lives close by now.
Jeff is sitting next to the bride. Mckay will often say that Jeff is his favorite cousin. Jeff will always play and wrestle with him. Mckay loves playing football with him and tackling him. Jeff is nice to always let all the younger kids win!
Last, but not least is Bracken. He is the same age as Cassidy, and he loves cars and trains just like Mckay. Mckay loves Bracken's bedroom and all his toys. He especially loves it when Bracken will build the train tracks for him or do a puzzle with him.
On the left is cousin Easton. When Uncle Hunter and Cousin Easton get together, Mckay loves to chase the big boys around. This particular time, they all sat down playing their Ninteno DS.
Paxton, Mason, Cassidy and Hazley
Cassidy loves to play Barbies and makeup with Hazley.
Mason is the same age as Cassidy, and they run wild. Chasing and making up all sorts of games. Normally they get an uncle to come and throw them around some.
Paxton and Mckay are the closest in age. They play and get into all sorts of trouble. Normally they start the raiding of the candy drawer at Grandma's.

This is Owen. He comes to our house twice a week. The kids love Owen to come over. They will always look for their old baby toys to share and do dances to make him laugh.
Graham, the Burger.
He is at our house a couple of times a week, and our kids go there.
Cassidy loves to hold, squeeze and carry Graham all over the house.
Mckay will feed him his rice and beans for lunch. If you watch carefully you will see him give Graham a bite and then take one for himself.
I feel so blessed to have so much family so close by. We can go and see all of our cousins in less than a 30 minute drive. Cousins make our life grand!

1 comment:

{tanner. michelle. owen} said...

Oh how we love your kids! It is so fun that Owen has a special smile for Cassidy. I never see him smile the same for anyone else. Too cute! We love that we get to spend time with them! Love you guys!