Ensign-isms

An ensignism is a story about Taylor, Alisa, Cassidy, Mckay, and Kelsey Ensign. These stories may be elaborate or mundane, but with the combined personalities of our little family, they are sure to be entertaining.

26 January 2010

Elders Ensign and Hammond

While serving my LDS mission in Ft. Lauderdale Florida, and while assigned to the Coral Springs area I had an idea. The jury is still out on whether or not this was a great idea or just an idea that came into the mind of a 19 year old kid, but the idea came all the same.
The idea you see was to collect all of the Food Bags of the Restaurants that we ate at and create the "I'll Go Where you Want Me to Go" wall. (seen below)
The reason that I bring this up is that this photo was taken in the Summer of 2001 while I was living with Elder Kenneth Hammond. Elder Hammond was in town over the Holidays and we managed to get together for Dinner.
In the photo below Elder Hammond and I are modeling our new ties at a Tuesday Morning District Meeting. We purchased these Regis ties on "Preparation Day" the day before. Needless to say we became obsessed with the solid color, shiny, Regis tie. Yes, we look a little older, and we look a little,... maybe slightly more than little bit larger than we did nearly 9 Years ago. It truly was wonderful to spend an evening with Elder Hammond as we laughed at all of the funny and not so funny experiences we shared together. We were sad that Hammond's wife was unable to join him, but look forward to getting together with them sometime soon.

2 comments:

Jess Hammond said...

Awwwww........ I am sorry I wasn't there. Next time.

Kenny said...

Man, I think it's quite evident that the go where you want me to go wall finally caught up with me. Thanks for the post, I couldn't have survived Coral Springs without you. I look forward to continue to explore our fetish for the food when I visit again.